Monday, January 10, 2011

Ruminating About Robins

Robin, 8x10

It's very cold in my basement studio today, burrrr. I've even had to resort to wrapping a blanket around me like a mummy to keep warm. I've decided to think about robins instead of the cold, because robins always make me think of Spring and the warmer days to come.

Fact: The male American robin sings a lovely song often described as a 'carol'.

Fact: The robin was featured on Canada's $2 bill in 1986. I can remember that bill, though now of course we have a $2 coin. I used to love the reddish-brown colour of the $2 bill. My admiration might also have something to do with having found a $2 bill in a parking lot when I was about 9 or 10. I was convinced I was now rich! 

http://www.waterinmypaint.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment